IkutoMS Forum

The new forum for IkutoMS.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Stop let me stop your great self-destruction!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Werty
Dragon Knight

Mesos : 3139
Props : 1

PostSubject: Stop let me stop your great self-destruction!   Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:59 pm

My apologies for the title, it's simply that I generally don't enjoy making an introduction topic with any variation of "hi" or "hello" and usually make something that involves a pun with the actual site, but at this moment I am devoid of any creative influence. Wink

My name is Frank (alias is Werty, obviously); I am 16 and live in an obscure rural area of New York.

When I was a kid I was addicted to MapleStory - I first joined during Global Beta. As a child my interests have shaped my mind now as a teenager, and the connections between my current and my past self are both broken and linked. It's very fun, shall we say, to traverse the past of the events and pure time that have shaped my identity and continue to shape it everyday. I treat absolutely everything I do and every event that bestows itself upon me as one to be cherished. As such, I love meeting new people; whether I like them or not is irrelevant in terms of experience in my life.

The Internet has held my hand throughout my life and chances are it always will. There is something romantic about the Internet in general, I feel: the ability to simultaneously communicate with hundreds of people at once is absolutely astonishing, almost too good to be true, and yet here we all are. Ludicrous, really. There are some things technologically can't reproduce, at this point: the mere look at the dusk of any day, with all your senses engaged in a near orgasm of beauty, is more than enough proof.

With that out of the way, interests: I enjoy music and I play the guitar and piano, and I'm learning everyday. I also take interest in film history, cinematography, directing, linguistics, computer programming, philosophy, physics, quantum physics, literature, video games, sociology, and psychology, although I have many other minor interests.

Musicwise, I very much enjoy Dream Theater, Korn, Modest Mouse, Avenged Sevenfold, Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, Shania Twain, Limp Bizkit, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Diana Ross, Turmion Katilot, Jamiroquai, Muse, Guns 'N Roses, George Michael, Culture Club, Hanz Zimmer, P!nk, Weird Al, Survivor, John Williams, Klaus Badelt, Masakazu Sugimori, Savage Garden, The Temptations, Will Smith, among dozens whose names escape me.

My major interests I feel I should stress are philosophy, and the reading and writing of literature. Guitar comes very closely behind that.

I'm a huge, huge cinema and book person. Way too many to list, but my absolute favorite book as of yet is House of Leaves.

I suppose there's not much more to say besides I heavily look forward to my time here. My apologies if my little rants about my perception of the Internet bored you. Hopefully I don't ramble too much. Smile

I absolutely love MapleStory private servers. They are a microcosm for this world we live in... I find the psychology of everyone fascinating, as well as this small ecosystem. I love the game, and I love interacting with people, no matter how idiotic or intelligent they are. I traverse those veils like nothing. Everything concerned with things like this are utterly fascinating to me.

No About Me can ever completely describe a person. You will all know me before all time is up.
Back to top Go down
Munch
IMS Noob

Mesos : 3708

PostSubject: Re: Stop let me stop your great self-destruction!   Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:05 pm

Hey Werty I hope you have a great time here. ^^
If you need any help with anything there are lots of helpful people here including me. ;P

Or Just post in here
http://ikutomsforum.your-talk.com/help-f5/
Back to top Go down
Honesty
Tiger's Prodigy

Mesos : 3265
Props : 4

PostSubject: Re: Stop let me stop your great self-destruction!   Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:20 pm

Very impressive introductory post, Werty! You already remind me of a close friend of mine and I can tell we'll get along in the near future. Welcome to IkutoMS. :)
Back to top Go down
http://bovasso.deviantart.com
Angelica

Mesos : 5510
Props : -1
Location : The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

PostSubject: Re: Stop let me stop your great self-destruction!   Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:44 pm

That's a stinking long intro.
Fllw rules and regulations

If you can find out who I like, you'll get 2b. To the world you are one person, but to one person you are the world.
Back to top Go down
Werty
Dragon Knight

Mesos : 3139

PostSubject: Re: Stop let me stop your great self-destruction!   Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:13 pm

Thank you very much, everyone. Smile

Honesty, through your posts I can come to the same conclusion as you did. Looking forward to seeing you around.

By the way, the title should read, "Don't let me stop . . . " Lovely typo, eh?
Back to top Go down
Angelica

Mesos : 5510
Props : -1
Location : The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

PostSubject: Re: Stop let me stop your great self-destruction!   Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:33 am

You enjoy Piano? So do I o.o

If you can find out who I like, you'll get 2b. To the world you are one person, but to one person you are the world.
Back to top Go down
Munch
IMS Noob

Mesos : 3708

PostSubject: Re: Stop let me stop your great self-destruction!   Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:37 am

I like Drums better than Guitar since im im no good at it, but drumming is really fun for me.

Drumming is also great when im really angry.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mesos : 100003291
Props : 7

PostSubject: Re: Stop let me stop your great self-destruction!   Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:52 am

Angelica, let people say Hello.

And nice introduction. I get too lazy to write things like that, even during school. So I find that pretty impressive.

Anyways, welcome Frank!

PostSubject: Re: Stop let me stop your great self-destruction!   

Back to top Go down

Stop let me stop your great self-destruction!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1